Wednesday PD Test
*Read the article and answer the questions on your sheet
Thursday, 2 April, 2015
- Look at the document below for the instructions and a choice of topics.
- Make a new Google Slideshow
- Name the slideshow as "<your_name> Upp Int Wk5 Presentation", e.g. David Upp Int Wk5 Presentation
- Share your document using Share>Get shareable link>Anyone with the link can edit>Copy link
- Add a link to your Google Slideshow in the table on the document
Wednesday, 25th March, 2015
Thursday, 19th March, 2015
Have a look at the slideshow comparing the Past and Present of Sydney here.
- Sign into your Google account.
- Use Google Slides to make a similar slideshow about your city or country.
- Find 4 or 5 pairs of photos to use.
- Name your slideshow "<your_name> <your_place> Past vs Present".
- Paste the URL next to your name in
- (Upper Int AM) this document
- (Upper Int PM) https://docs.google.com/document/d/16L8okvyZWRtVXX_FWPGC4Sb3p_83W0DbLgkVBWj5BWo/edit.
Monday 8 September 2014
finished? try looking at this website on writing:
Or do some practice of today's lesson:
Type your biographies into a word document. Log in or sign up to this site. Click on your name, select "edit" and paste your biography into the box. Save your work to share it with your classmates. Then read your classmates' biographies.
1. Which person has overcome the most obstacles?
2. Which person would you most like to meet?
3. Which person do you think would make the best friend?
Instructions for making and sharing Google Documents;
- Open Google Docs
- Login to your Google account, or sign up if you don't have one
- Go to Create > Document
- Go to File > Rename… and use a filename with your name in it, and the name of the task Rd- frank Jobsite webquest
- Click OK
- Go to Share > Private > Change…
- Select Anyone with the link
- Change Can view to Can edit
- Click Save
- In Add people…
- Insert my email address
- Click Done
- Start writing your document
- You don't need to save, Google does this automatically
Listening- March 11, 2013
Writing- March 5, 2013
Writing- February 19, 2013
Write and read the stories/letters/essays/tips of classmates here
- Letters of Complaint
- Letters to Future Selves
- How to.......
- A Memorable Event
- Mishaps and other unexpected events
- Short Stories
- IELTS online
- Linking Words: Exercise 1, Exercise 2, Exercise 3, Exercise 4, Exercise 5, Exercise 6, Exercise 7, Exercise 8, Exercise 9, Exercise 10, Exercise 11
Skills: Listening-Behind The News (May 7, 2012)
- Make a report on one TED Video
- Jamie Oliver on Obesity in America
- Misha Glenny on Hackers
- David Gallo on Underwater Astonishments
- David Gallo on Life in the Deep Oceans
- Lucianne Walkowicz- Look up for a change
- Frans de Waal: Moral Behaviour in Animals
- "Beezleboss" by Tenacious D, starring Jack Black
- "Somebody that I used to know" by Gotye
- "Salmon Dance" by Chemical Brothers
- "Fire Coming out of a Monkey's Head" by Gorillaz
- "Video Games" by Lana Del Ray
Life Upper-Intermediate Unit 7
This week you have been learning about the environment and natural resources. You are going to write a complaint letter about a recent environmental mishap. Follow the instructions below
You live on Larne Coast and you are worried about a recent oil spill.
Read more about the oil spill in this newspaper article and answer these questions in your notebooks.
- Who caused the oil spill?
- When did it occur?
- What wildlife is threatened by the oil spill?
- How did the oil get into the water and threaten wildlife?
Write a letter to the company responsible for the oil spill outlining your expectations. You can have a look at a template here
When you have finished you can learn a little bit about Salmon with this song -"Salmon Dance" by Chemical Brothers :)
|Number||Name and link to your complaint letter|