Talk about these questions with a partner or group.
- What is a celebrity chef? Do you know any?
- Do you know how to cook? When did you learn? Who taught you?
- In your country, what do school children generally eat for lunch? Is it provided by the school, or do they bring lunch-boxes from home? Is it healthy or tasty? Who pays for it- parents or government?
- Have you heard of Jamie Oliver? What do you know about him? Is he famous in your country?
Go to YouTube and watch this video-
- diet-related disease
- ripe for the picking
- pound (weight)
- a bully/to bully
- to bury
- processed food
- food additives
- child abuse
Watch the video again and answer these questions-
- How old is Jamie?
- What will happen in 18 minutes?
- Who is he talking to?
- What problems is he concerned about?
- On the graph, what do the diseases marked in red indicate?
- Why is that important?
- What is the number 2 country?
- How much will obesity cost the US in ten years?
- What town did he visit in America?
- Why does he choose a town in that state?
- Why does Britney have such a short time to live?
- How much does Justin weigh?
- Why does Jamie disagree with labelling food as "low fat"?
- What happens every winter?
- What does all the food in the kitchen represent?
- What is the problem he shows that schoolchildren have?
- Why aren't schoolchildren given knives or forks to eat with?
- What does he demonstrate with the wheelbarrow?
- What solution does he recommend supermarkets do?
- What should fast food companies do?
- What does he think children should learn?
- What should corporations do?
- How much would it cost per school to improve school food?
- Name 3 things he wishes for.